When you’re getting ready to replace your roof, it’s hard to know exactly which materials are right for your needs. If you’re still unsure about which type of shingles to go with as you embark on the replacement process, here are a few key reasons why asphalt shingles are the way to go:
- Versatility — Asphalt shingles can be adapted to complement many different shapes, angles, and forms to provide a stunning, custom roofing solution.
- Variety — In addition to their versatility, asphalt shingles can also be adapted to mimic high-end architectural styles at an affordable price point. For example, asphalt shingles can simulate the look of slate, synthetic slate, heavy cedar, and cedar roofing materials.
- Color options–Asphalt shingles come in a wide array of different colors. This way, you won’t have a problem finding a shingle option that complements the current color and features of your home.
- Resistant to wind damage–Quality asphalt shingles are engineered and manufactured to withstand damage from heavy winds. For this reason, your investment will not be harmed by a constant need to repair your roof after serious storms.
- Cost-effectiveness–Replacing your roof is an investment, and you want to make sure you get good value as you move forward with the replacement process. Asphalt shingles offer an excellent cost-to-value ratio due to their ease of installation and lower production costs.